Kemps Creek is named after Anthony Fenn Kemp (1773–1868), who was granted two adjoining properties in this district. The first grant here was 300 acres (1. 2 km2) in 1810, straddling Elizabeth Drive and Mamre Road. The other was 500 acres (2. 0 km2) granted in 1820 and named Mount Vernon. A school was established in 1885 called Exeter Farm School after the large property subdivision in neighbouring Badgerys Creek but the name was changed a few years later to Kemps Creek Public School.
© jayasriradio.info 2019